Tuesday 6 August 2013

Long Time No See

This summer I got to travel with these three amazing people that you see above which I now consider as some of my best friends. I learned so so much. I watched God work on a daily basis, transforming kids lives. I got to talk about the school I love all summer. And I learned so much about myself too. I would write a blog post about this summer but it would be far too long for you to care and the words would never do it justice. You'll probably hear some stories randomly through the next year. But there are things which I have taken from this summer which will travel into how I live and want to live post-summer.

1. Love, and love genuinely. Love speaks where sometimes words can't.
2. Calm yourself, things happen. All you can do is make sure you do everything in joy and with confidence in Christ.
3. Be intentional, with people, conversations, activities etc You never have any idea where roads lead, where the ripple effect goes or how many dominos you can knock down in one push.
4. Believe in yourself. If you don't, how do you expect anyone else to?
5. Be disciplined. Discipline develops focus and drive.
6. That whole trying to do it yourself thing? Yea... it wont work. You need God and you need people.
7. Be centered in prayer. It changes things.
8. Remember that the battle is the Lords and that your first priority is being a kingdom worker. Its about Him and the glorification of His name. Him first, others second, you last.
9. Do things which make you come alive and inspire you. The world needs people who are passionate.
10. Life is short, make it a masterpiece if nothing else. Be making the stories to tell the kids.

So thats probably not what you wanted. But after summer I am ready to get stuck into life again. Im back with more passion and drive than I have ever had before. And right now Im more concerned with what my next adventure is, what next blog post to write, book to read, person to meet. I really hope to take you on a crazy journey with me over this time.

Lets see where He leads,

Vikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment